Thursday, June 28, 2007

clay clay clay!


i'm sitting in the lodge tonight, drinking my r.w.knudsen lemon lime spritzer. i'm concerned i may develop an addiction to these things. they have them in the camp store, and we just keep track of how many we drink. it could become a delicious problem.

ups says my art supplies are currently in east syracuse. a mere 4 hours away! i cant wait. 4 boxes of beautiful art supplies. tonight i had the staff all come into the art shop after dinner and play with clay so that we can test out the kiln. i forgot how fun clay is, and how good it feels. i did some hand building today, and i think i may try to throw a piece or two on the wheel tomorrow.

i forgot to mention yesterday that a pair of butterflies have come to live in the art room. they are black and white, and one of them has a tiny tear in his wing. they visit me everyday. (i'm taking name suggestions)

we've had a lot of program meetings the last few days, preparing age based classes and workshops. campers arrive on sunday. only two more days to get ready! our first session, "emerson" is 4-6th graders. after saturday it's pretty much campers back to back the rest of the summer. some of the really busy sessions i'll be a cabin counselor as well as running the art shop. i think i can safely plan on being exhausted, but happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanx for the pics!!! Looks like an art room to me....lol Need you to send me an email with your address so I can send you a "care" package. Have to get ready for work, keep the blogs coming.

Luv you,

Bub

daniinez said...

Ditto!!!!

Unknown said...

Beth, this looks like a place you might want to stay in permanently, I know the time will go by too fast. Wish I could come out to see it for myself. Miss you...Mom